Pickleball has been in existence since the 1960s. Although it had not gained much attraction then, it has become a favorite for some Americans.
With the attention it gained through the years, giant sports companies have invested in providing top-notch pickleball apparel such as paddles.
The HEAD brand is among the leaders in this field. One of its favored models in pickleball paddles is the Radical tour. It’s a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wants to play pickleball professionally.
HEAD has made headways in creating paddles that work for athletes. Be it quality or comfort: they are known to deliver. This review looks at the Radical Tour Model.
Overview Of The Brand
Through its 70+ years of existence, HEAD has consistently led in innovation and quality. Be it in skis, snowboards, swimming gear, and so on—HEAD has created a positive competitive environment for athletes and manufacturers.
Since 2017, it has been designing and manufacturing pickleball paddles for hobbyists and professional players. They have an impressive range of pickleball paddles and other accessories.
They are known to produce quality products, with the Radical Tour range being one of the best and favored models.
What Makes Them Stand Out?
- The HEAD fraternity has invested in providing quality sports gear with innovations that surpass most players in the same industry. Their graphite paddles coupled with Poly cores give them an advantage over others.
- Their extreme spin offers players an advantage over their opponents with more control and favorable ball integration.
- They have designed paddles with Comfort Grip and a lightweight polymer core. That makes it both comfortable and compact.
- It has a graphite surface that makes it easy to use and control.
- It has a textured surface that achieves incredible spin with a great feel.
- The PP honeycomb core makes it lightweight with minimum recoil.
- The custom dynamic shape provides a wide sweet spot to cover the court while playing.
- Brand: HEAD
- Proficiency Level: Advanced to Profs
- Weight: 0.47 pounds
- Paddle Length: 406.4 millimeters
- Width: 200.02 millimeters
- Thickness:12.7 millimeters
- Grip length: 127 millimeters
- Size of its Grip: 107.95 millimeters
- Grip type: HydroSorb Pro
- Design of the Grip: Premium Cushioned Comfort
- Materials: Surface-Graphite
- Core: Polypropylene Honeycomb
- Dimensions: 406 x 215.9 x 50.8 millimeters
- Color: Red
- Warranty: 1-year Manufacturer’s guarantee
- Dynamic Frame Design
HEAD designed the Radical Tour to give both when it comes to speed and a sumptuous feel. The granite textured surface is geared towards quick and comfortable reflexes for pickleball management and ball possession.
Meanwhile, the dynamic 16-inch paddle surface gives a player a more comprehensive coverage when making plays all over the court without employing too much effort. That gives opponents a run for their money.
Thanks to the spin, the textured surface on the paddle delivers an extra boost to hit deliveries. That is vital for fruitful and precise plays.
- Graphite Hitting Surface (GHS)
HEAD has invested in an innovative Graphite Hitting Surface (GHS) that delivers a comfortable grip with a prime control factor against other professional opponents.
It also boasts a superior yet compact nature that makes it easy for players to make hits without unnecessary vibrations and discomfort.
- Optimized Tubular Core (OTC)
The Optimized Tubular Core (OTC) is another HEAD innovation that has revolutionized the way players interact with pickleball. The OTC comprises a PP honeycomb core that gives the player a controlled reaction and a comfortable feel coupled with great sound. The players get the aspect of comfort and efficacy.
- Extreme Spin
HEAD has designed a textured surface that looks good and provides a playable setting. The bite that comes with the texture provides an added spin to the ball after a hit. That is an added control measure for the player.
- Comfort Grip
Its Comfort Grip design gives it an edge over other paddles. The polyurethane used is not only durable but offers Ergo Grip. That delivers a great feel with neglecting efficiency and dampening shocks.
Why We Like Head Radical Tour Pickleball Paddle
- It is very light and comfortable
- Offers a firm grip while playing
- It is relatively cheap
- It is an excellent option for pro athletes
Why We Don’t Like Head Radical Tour Pickleball Paddle
- It does not come with a paddle cover.
- It is not the best option for beginners.
With the Radical Tour model, HEAD has produced a masterpiece. The company developed the paddle with efficiency, comfort, and winning in mind. It will be an excellent tool in the hands of any pickleball player. With this price point, it is value for money.
Although the Radical Tour is for all pickleball players, it is favorable for advanced or professional players. Consider this paddle the best time you are out shopping for a new one.
Paddletek Phoenix Genesis – Paddles Worth BuyingApril 15, 2022
Hudef Pickleball Paddle Review- Worth Buying?April 15, 2022
Gamma Dart Pickleball Paddle: Precision and ComfortApril 15, 2022