Prince Pickleball came out with new paddles in the last few years, and people wonder if they are the best pickleball paddles yet. Among them is the Prince Spectrum Pro, which has some elegant features.
The company says that this paddle has the perfect mix of power and control, making it great for all-around play.
Therefore, what is the verdict? That’s what we’re going to find out. This article will review the paddle to look at its features and specs so you can make your own decision.
Overview Of The Brand
Prince has been a pioneer in the racquet sports market for over 50 years, consistently introducing industry-leading technology to squash and tennis.
In 2018, Prince and Paddletek teamed together to produce the Prince pickleball, which combines paddle design with racquet sports technical expertise.
The question remains: How do they stand out?
- Prince’s pickleball paddles employ cutting-edge technology to equip players with a massive sweet spot.
- Moreover, their paddles’ unusual rounded face form provides unrivaled control and power on demand.
- Finally, Prince paddles come with a one-year warranty against dead spots in the polymer cores.
Prince Spectrum Pro Pickleball Paddle
- A textured composite surface offers great ball spin and control.
- 9/16 extra-thick honeycomb makes the paddle very durable.
- A larger and constant sweet spot
- Lightweight, which makes it easy to swing
- Size: Light Weight
- Brand: Prince
- Model Name: Spectrum Pro
- Core Material: Polymer Honeycomb
- Sport Type: Pickleball
- Face Material: Fiberglass
- Dimensions(inches): 9.85 x 8.8 x 0.9
- Light Model Weight: 7.2-7.6 oz
- Standard Model Weight: 7.7-8.3 oz
- Color: Blue
- Small Grip Size: 4 1/8 inches
- Medium/Large Grip Size: 4 3/8 inches
- Grip Style: Small – Flat | Medium/Large – Perforated Cushion
- Total Length: 15 ¾
- Width: 8 ¼
- Grip Length: 5 inches
- Core Thickness: 9/16 inches
- Progressive Core Technology
The Spectrum Pro has a progressive core technology that gives players great power and control.
This technology starts with a softer center core that becomes progressively firmer as you move towards the paddle’s edge. Additionally, it gives players great control over the ball and helps them to keep the ball in play longer.
It results in a paddle that is consistently responsive on every hit. Whether you are hitting a soft dink or smashing a ball across the court, the technology ensures that your paddle will respond in the same way each time.
- Textured Material And 9/16” Thick Polymer Core Material
It features a textured UV-coated fiberglass face and polymer honeycomb core material. This combination makes for a highly durable and responsive paddle. You can use it for tournaments without having to worry about it breaking.
At the same time, the textured fiberglass face provides excellent control and spin, while the honeycomb core ensures that the paddle remains lightweight and maneuverable.
The textured surface also helps create a spin on the ball, making it more difficult for your opponent to return.
Its 9/16” extra-thick honeycomb core makes the paddle very responsive and gives you more control over your shots.
The curve of the grip on the Prince Spectrum Pro is most noticeable. The grip’s form seems more- square than an extended rectangle or oval due to its substantial core. It’s great that it’s available in both a thin (4 1/8′′) and a conventional (4 3/8′′) circumference.
Its design helps you to maintain a solid sense of your paddle’s correct angles while decreasing the impact created by rounder paddles.
- Head Design
The circular shape of the head creates a more extensive, wider, constant sweet spot, allowing for more predictable strokes. Therefore, ball control for all types of shots is enhanced.
It’s a composite paddle with the delicacy and feel of graphite and much control and power for putting the ball away.
Its lightweight feature gives you a tremendous deal of control while playing softer strokes and excellent spin control because of the traction on the face.
Why We Like Prince Spectrum Pro Pickleball Paddle
- Made in the USA
- Well-balanced and provides a tremendous amount of control
- Extra thick honeycomb face
- Largest sweet spot
- Responsive polymer core
- Two different grip sizes
Why We Don’t Like Prince Spectrum Pro Pickleball Paddle
- It’s pricier than other models in its class
- It takes time to master for beginners
After weighing all the evidence, we’ve concluded that the Prince Spectrum Pro pickleball paddle is a great paddle with a lot of power and control. It has a great weight and balance that makes it easy to control, and the textured surface gives you plenty of spins when you need it.
Players that prefer “touch” will be blown away by this paddle because it is circular.
It has too much power that a beginner might need some time to adjust to it. Hence, we highly recommend it to intermediates and advanced players who appreciate the paddle’s responsiveness and sizeable sweet spot.
Paddletek Phoenix Genesis – Paddles Worth BuyingApril 15, 2022
Hudef Pickleball Paddle Review- Worth Buying?April 15, 2022
Gamma Dart Pickleball Paddle: Precision and ComfortApril 15, 2022